An Old-Fashioned Fourth of July in Stowe on July 4
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
An Old-Fashioned Fourth of July in Stowe on July 4
A family-friendly day-long celebration featuring parades, festivals, fireworks, food and music
STOWE, VT (June 26, 2019) – Celebrate Independence Day in Stowe during An Old Fashioned Fourth of July, a day-long family-friendly celebration on July 4, 2019 featuring parades, festivals, fireworks, food and music.
Stowe is a four-season destination that was ranked #2 among “America’s 15 Best Small-Town Fourth of July Celebrations” by Fodor’s Travel. “You don’t want to miss An Old Fashioned Fourth of July– it’s the perfect celebration for families. Visitors and locals look forward to this signature Stowe event every year,” said Aimee Green, executive director, Stowe Vibrancy, the host organization.
The full schedule of events for An Old Fashioned Fourth of July includes:
- 10 a.m.: The Moscow Parade. The Moscow Parade is known for its casual and small-town charm. Located in the hamlet of Moscow, this parade features floats that are assembled the morning of the parade by participants who spend no more than $10 on decorations.
- 10:30 a.m. 3:30 p.m.: Free shuttle from Mayo Events Field to Stowe Village. Park in the overflow parking at the Mayo Events Fields and take the free shuttle to the historic Stowe Village for the parade and other festivities. This complimentary shuttle service is provided by Sushi Yoshi.
- 11 a.m. – 3: p.m.: An Old-Fashioned Village festival. Celebrate with Art on Park, local artisans, street performers, live music, face painting, festive foods and more. Featuring music from The Groovy Trio and Frank Springer Band.
- 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.: Pie eating contest. Challenge yourself, family and friends to this fun event. Fill up on pie and receive a commemorative t-shirt. Multiple rounds in two age categories, with the winners competing in the final round at 2:30 p.m.
- Noon: The Stowe “World’s Shortest Marathon.” Fill up on festival food and then run it off during the World’s Shortest Marathon Join the 1.7-mile Fun Run beginning at the intersection of Routes 100 and 108. This event is open to all participants.
- 1 p.m.: 6th Annual Village parade. The traditional Independence Day parade will begin at the Stowe Events Field, just off Weeks Hill Road, and travel down the Mountain Road towards the Village onto Main Street, ending at Memorial Park. The parade will feature floats, animals and music. Secure your spot in the Village early for the highlight of the day.
- 6 p.m. to dark: Festival and fireworks. Enjoy carnival games, live music, laser tag and food. Admission and most activities are free. The fireworks will begin after dark, so bring your blankets and lawn chairs. Hosted by Town of Stowe Parks & Recreation.
- All day: Seven Miles of Sales. Discover Fourth of July sales in the Stowe Village and along the Mountain Road. Visit gostowe.com/seven-miles-sales for more information.
“We’re excited to bring both visitors and locals to Stowe for a vibrant Independence Day filled with parades, fireworks and more,” said Sharon Harper, marketing manager, Stowe Area Association. “There’s so much to love about Stowe already, and vibrant events like this make for a truly special experience.”
For event information, visit gostowe.com/oldfashioned4th. This event is hosted by Stowe Vibrancy, presented by Shaw’s General Store and sponsored by The Stowe Reporter and the Town of Stowe.
About Stowe Vibrancy
Stowe Vibrancy is a non-profit corporation with a mission to increase the vibrancy of Stowe, Vermont through the enhancement of social, recreational, cultural, economic and physical characteristics of the town’s historic village center. In addition to producing more than 20 annual events in the Stowe village, Stowe Vibrancy partners with the Town of Stowe and local businesses to support village infrastructure and economic development. Stowe Vibrancy also serves as the Town of Stowe’s official Downtown Organization, collaborating with the State of Vermont’s Agency of Commerce and Community Development to help support growth and vitality in the historic Stowe village. For more information, visit stowevibrancy.com.
About Stowe Area Association
Established in 1945, Stowe Area Association (SAA) is a member-based destination marketing organization with a mission to market and sell the natural beauty of Stowe, its cultural and recreational opportunities and member businesses while simultaneously enhancing the quality experience for guests and the quality of life of Stowe residents in a manner which improves the economic well-being of the community and consciously promotes environmental integrity.
About Stowe, Vermont
Located at the foot of Mt. Mansfield, Vermont’s highest peak, Stowe is a four-season destination that has hosted travelers for more than 200 years. Named one of the “Top 20 Best Small Towns to Visit” by Smithsonian Magazine, Stowe offers abundant historical, cultural and recreational activities—from mountain to Main Street—along with quality accommodations for every taste and budget, world-class dining and shopping. For more information, visit gostowe.com.
Marketing Manager, Stowe Area Association
(802) 253-7321 x222
# # #