- This event has passed.
Wine Tasting: Five Merlots from Five Countries
Join the Trapp Family Lodge in our Wine Cellar as we sample Five Merlots from Five Countries chosen by our sommelier, Michael Keene. Please reserve at (802) 253-8511.
Merlots got a bad rap a few years ago with the movie Sideways which sang the praises of Pinot Noir and poo-pooed Merlot. Merlot had become so popular that I believe some wineries had grown a bit lazy with their Merlot programs and the movie was a wake-up call..
Price is $20. Please call or see the front desk to place reservations (802) 253-5742. Doors open 4 p.m. It’s suggested you arrive no later than 5 p.m. to avoid feeling rushed. People come and go during the tasting which is an informal walk around format. Tasting ends at 6 p.m.
- Mezza Corona Merlot, Verona, Italy 2013
- Casillero del Diablo Merlot, Central Valley, Chile 2016
- Oyster Bay Merlot, Hawkes Bay, New Zealand 2014
- Chateau le Bergey, Bordeaux, France 2016
- Milbrandt Merlot, Columbia Valley, Washington, USA 2014