- This event has passed.
Wine Tasting: Rhone Wines
Join the Trapp Family Lodge in our Wine Cellar as we sample some Rhone Valley Wines chosen by our sommelier, Michael Keene. Please reserve at (802) 253-8511.
The Rhone Valley has been producing wine since around 600 BC. The Duke of Burgundy was so threatened by the success of Rhone valley wines that he forbade their import into his region calling them “very small and miserable wines.” He was wrong of course.
Price is $20. Please call or see the front desk to place reservations (802) 253-5742. Doors open 4 p.m. It’s suggested you arrive no later than 5 p.m. to avoid feeling rushed. People come and go during the tasting which is an informal walk around format. Tasting ends at 6 p.m.
• Domaine de Couron Cotes du Rhone Viognier 2015
• Moillard Le Violettes Cotes du Rhone Blanc 2014
• Domaine de Couron Marselan 2013
• Andre Brunel Cotes du Rhone Rouge 2015
• Chateau de Segries Cuvee Reservee Rouge, Lirac 2011