- This event has passed.
West Coast Red Wine Tasting
Back to Trapp Family Lodge
Join Trapp Family Lodge in the Wine Cellar on Wednesday, April 17, 2019 for a popular west coast reds wine tasting.
The storied history of West Coast Wines goes back to the 18th century. The first wines were produced in Spanish mission settlements for use during Mass, reds of course. The most widely planted wine grape in the USA is Chardonnay but the next five are all red. In order starting with the most popular they are Cabernet Sauvignon, (close to surpassing Chardonnay), Pinot Noir, Merlot, Zinfandel and Syrah. The event will taste these five reds.
The price is $20. Please call or see the front desk to place reservations at (802) 253-5742. The doors open at 4 P.M. They suggest you arrive no later than 5 P.M. to avoid feeling rushed. People come and go during the tasting which is an informal walk around format. The event ends at 6 P.M.
- Meiomi Pinot Noir, Monterey/Santa Barbara/Sonoma 2016
- Columbia Crest Grand Estates Merlot, Columbia Valley 2014
- Haraszthy Old Vine Zinfandel, Lodi 2016
- Picket Fence Cabernet Sauvignon, Alexander Valley 2015
- Bell Syrah, Sierra Foothills 2008