- This event has passed.
Vermont Pumpkin Chuckin’ Festival
Join us for the 10th Annual Pumpkin Chuckin’ Festival, September 30 at the Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa! This festival celebrates the sport of “chuckin'” pumpkins for distance, using a do-it-yourself constructed trebuchet or gravity-powered catapult. The event is a great opportunity for kids and adults of all ages to build something with their hands and engage in some family-friendly competition. Feel free to bring umbrellas, chairs or blankets.
Along with the pumpkin chuckin’ competition, there will be music, a chili cook-off, a cornhole tournament and kids activities. Music for this year’s festival will be provided by House Dunn and John Smyth.
Records have been broken almost every year; the current record is 689 feet. Cash, prizes, trophies and bragging rights are awarded to the three best teams in each of four divisions, as well as the three best chili’s and three best cornhole teams.
This festival is a one-day event and has grown every year. The event is sponsored by the Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa and many other local sponsors. This year, the event will benefit the Clarina Howard Nichols Center.
- Tickets are $10/person to enter the festival whether you are a spectator or competitor
- It will be an extra $10/person to enter the cornhole tournament
- Free to enter the chili cook-off, but you must make two gallons of your finest chili
- If you are tasting or voting the cook-off, it’s $5/person
- Children 4 and under are free
- Parking is free
- There is no preregistration required for the contests, chili cook-off or cornhole tournament
- There will be plenty of time to build a trebuchet, prepare your chili or practice your cornhole skills
- The Festival will run from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Pumpkin Chuckin’ rounds will take place at 12:30 p.m., 1:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m., with awards shortly after last round
*Please do not bring beverages, food or pets.