- This event has passed.
Wine Tasting at the Trapp Family Lodge: Italian Reds
Join the Trapp Family Lodge, in Stowe, Vermont, in our Wine Cellar as we introduce you to some Italian reds chosen by our sommelier, Michael Keene. Please reserve at (802) 253-8511.
Italy is, in some vintages, the largest producer of wine in the world. In the years Italy isn’t the largest, France takes the honors. Italy produces about 1/4 of the world’s wine. This means France and Italy together produce about half the world’s wine. That strikes me as amazing.
We’d better do our share of drinking some of this bounty. Ted Lange from 802 Distributors will be here to discuss the wines.
Price is $20. Please call or see the front desk to place reservations. (802) 253-5742. Doors open 4 p.m. They suggest you arrive no later than 5 p.m. to avoid feeling rushed. People come and go during the tasting which is an informal walk around format. Tasting ends at 6 p.m.
- Bruno Rocca Dolcetto d’Alba Trifole, Piedmont 2014
- Reverdito Barolo, Piedmont 2014
- Cantine Volpetti Lazio Cesanese Le Piantate 2015
- Podere il Saiceto Albone, Emilia-Romagna NV
- Torreguaceto Negroamaro del Salento Pietraluna, Puglia 2015