- This event has passed.
Italian Red Wine Tasting
Back to Trapp Family Lodge
Join the Trapp Family Lodge in our Wine Cellar as we introduce you to some Italian red wines chosen by our sommelier, Michael Keene. Please reserve at (802) 253-8511.
Italy is, in some vintages, the largest producer of wine in the world. In the years Italy isn’t the largest, France takes the honors. Italy produces about 1/4 of the world’s wine. This means France and Italy together produce about half the world’s wine. That strikes me as amazing. We’d better do our share of drinking some of this bounty.
Price is $20. Please call or see the front desk to place reservations. (802) 253-5742. Doors open 4 p.m. They suggest you arrive no later than 5 p.m. to avoid feeling rushed. People come and go during the tasting which is an informal walk around format. Tasting ends at 6 p.m.
- Bruno Rocca Dolcetto d’Alba Trifole, Piedmont 2014
- Reverdito Barolo, Piedmont 2014
- Cantine Volpetti Lazio Cesanese Le Piantate 2015
- Podere il Saiceto Albone, Emilia-Romagna NV
- Torreguaceto Negroamaro del Salento Pietraluna, Puglia 2015