Tap into Spring in StoweFebruary 14, 2019
by LAUREN SIMMERS, NATIONAL GROUP SALES MANAGER, STOWE MOUNTAIN RESORT
The energy of spring in the mountains is like no other. The days are longer, the snow is softer, the skies are sunnier, and the events are bursting with a fun spring vibe. There’s still time to get in those last great experiences and memories with friends and family. Here are my top 10 favorite spring activities to help you plan ahead and finish the season strong.
1) Retro 80’s Weekend. Jump back in time to 1985 on the snow and in town March 22 – 24, 2019! Who doesn’t love Dayglo?
2) Follow the Sun. Start on the Mansfield side in the morning and end at Spruce in the afternoon so you get the soft snow all day long! Once daylight savings hits in March the extra sun is extra nice.
3) Try Snowshoeing. The longer days of spring give you plenty of time to ski all day and discover new activities before the sun goes down.
4) Ideal Skiing Conditions. Expect hard and fast snow in the morning, and slow and softer snow in the afternoon as the sun shines brighter and temperatures rise.
5) Save on Lodging. With peak ski season winding down, you’re sure to find great deals on local lodging. Keep an eye out for the Spring 96-Hour Sale later this month! You can also save when you extend your weekend through the ski season.
6) Stowe Sugar Slalom Weekend. Celebrate Vermont’s sweetest season, April 6 – 7, 2019 at this family-friendly event complete with music, BBQ, fantastic ski racing and festive costumes. And most importantly, Sugar on Snow!
Insider tip: Vermont’s Maple Open House Weekend is taking place March 23 – 24, 2019. Visit local sugar houses to learn how syrup is made, taste samples and leave with a unique spring experience.
7) Après ski…inside and out. A few of my favorite spots at the mountain include the Cliff House Deck, The Octagon, and Whistle Pig Pavilion.
8) Spruce Peak Performing Arts Center. Spectacular performances all season long! Everything from ballets, rock bands, circuses, Ted Talks, and more!
9) Easter Sunrise Service. A Stowe tradition on Sunday, April 21, 2019. Take an early morning Gondola ride to an outdoor service just outside the Cliff House. Watch the magic of sunrise from just below the chin of Mt. Mansfield, Vermont’s highest peak.
10) Closing Day Celebration. We’ve saved the best for last. We’ll be celebrating this record-breaking snow year with a DJ party, sunshine, snow and friends on Sunday, April 21, 2019!
About the author
Lauren is the National Group Sales Manager for Vail Resorts, based in Stowe. She lives is Waterbury, Vermont with her husband and daughter where she enjoys all of the fun and adventure that our area offers. You can find her on the mountain in the winter or the local mountain bike trails the rest of the year! Follow her and her little tribe’s adventures on Instagram @lalasimmers.