Stowe is known for its natural beauty. It’s no surprise hiking is one of the most popular summertime activities in the area with stunning views of the Vermont landscape. Stowe has a variety of easy, moderate and expert trail options for all ages and abilities. The trail system is well maintained with clear paths and trail blazes.
- Mt. Mansfield: Vermont’s highest peak at 4,393′ is situated on the Long Trail, a 265-mile trail system running throughout Vermont, which crosses Mt. Mansfield and Spruce Peak in Stowe. Two trail-heads are located in Smugglers’ Notch. The Green Mountain Club on Route 100 between Waterbury and Stowe, is an excellent resource for hiking.
- Stowe Pinnacle: A moderate hike with views of the Green Mountains (including Mt. Mansfield) as well as the Sterling and Worcester ranges.
- Short, Scenic Hikes: Explore the wilderness on gentle trails in Wiessner Woods and Kirchner Woods.
- Waterfalls, Pools and Basins: Take a leisurely walk to popular swimming holes like Moss Glen Falls and Bingham Falls.
- Guided Hikes: Customizable guided hikes are available through Pinnacle Ski & Sports and Vermont Cross Country. Get a unique perspective of Stowe through a local trail guide.