Roads & Tours Around Stowe
Stowe is surrounded by spectacular scenery and exceptional vistas. Following are eleven recommended driving trips to enjoy during a visit to Stowe.
Each trip begins at the Stowe Visitor Information Center on Main Street in Stowe. Remember to set your odometer at 0.
While enjoying Stowe's scenic back roads, please be careful of bicyclists and runners.
- Trip 1: Moscow and Little River (7.9 miles)
- Trip 2: Edson Hill and West Hill (11.1 miles)
- Trip 3: Brush Hill (8.6 miles)
- Trip 4: Elmore Mountain and Randolph Road (19.7 miles)
- Trip 5: Stowe Hollow, Little River Dam, Ben & Jerrry's and Cold Hollow Cider Mill (37.4 miles)
- Trip 6: Sterling Valley and Mud City (23.9 miles)
- Trip 7: Montpelier, Worcester and Lake Elmore (55.8 miles)
- Trip 8: Jeffersonville, Johnson & Hyde Park (42.2 miles)
- Trip 9: Craftsbury Common, Hazen's Notch & Covered Bridge (115.8 miles)
- Trip 10: Stage Coach Road and back to Johnson (30.8 miles)
- Trip 11: Gregg Hill, Winooski River and west approach to Nebraska Range (77.7 miles)