When it comes to quantity and quality of craft-made beverages, local brewers, vintners, distillers and cider-makers have not just put Vermont on the map, they have blazed the trails.
- Vermont has more breweries per capita than any other state in the US*
- We produce 15.1 gallons of beer per year per every 21+ adult*
- We have 1 brewery per every 16,000 21+ adults*
And those are just the beer stats. Vermont wines, spirits, and hard-ciders garner their own acclaim. Stowe is the perfect home-base for your exploration of Vermont’s craft beverage scene. Why? Because it’s all easily accessible from here. Libations, yes. But also: Restaurants. Shops. Arts. Nightlife. Trails. Water. Snow. Sun. Fun.
So please, raise your glass. You’ve come to the right place. And, we’re glad you’re here.
Want to stay up to date with Stowe area brewery, winery, distillery, and cidery news, releases & events? Sign up for our Craft Bev email list, so you'll be in the know when it comes to everything bev-related!
Stowe Area Craft Bev Producers
Boyden Valley Winery & Spirits
boydenvalley.com • (802) 644-8151
Tasting Room: 3600 Waterbury Stowe Road, Waterbury Center • Directions
Winery: 64 VT Route 104, Cambridge • Directions
Winery open daily from 10am-5pm (Jun-Oct: 6pm)
Tasting Room open daily 11am-5pm (Jan-Apr: Fri-Sun only)
Experience Vermont’s award-winning Winery, Cider, & Distillery, crafting a variety of wines, ciders, and spirits, including VERMONT ICE, through sustainable agriculture and supporting local farms. Tastings, Free Tours, and seasonal Gourmet Cheese Plates. Two convenient locations: Cambridge – Winery & Tasting Room and Waterbury - Tasting Room at Cold Hollow Cider Mill.
Green Mountain Distillers
Green Mountain Distillers is a small batch craft distillery located in the heart of Vermont’s Green Mountains. They have been dedicated to creating hand-made, organic distilled spirits since 2002. Harold Faircloth III and Timothy Danahy, the founders and master distillers, are passionate about distilling premium spirits. Quality ingredients added to pure Vermont water creates their vibrant organic vodkas and spirits. Their traditional process guarantees premium quality, purity and exceptional taste in every Green Mountain Distillers product.
Idletyme Brewing Company
Idletyme Brewing Co. brews a variety of mouth-watering beers in its custom copper brew kettle. Even though they are a small, artisanal brewery, their offerings are as diverse as the three different yeast strains they use in house. On tap, you will find lagers from straw golden to big and malty; ales that are intensley quaffable; double IPA's, Belgian influenced ales, very limited seasonal experiments, and Will's famous New England specialty, classic Bavarian weizens.
After just three years, Stowe Cider is quickly becoming a favorite stop amongst visitors and locals alike. Cider Makers, Stefan and Mark, are constantly developing unique recipes that you will not find anywhere else. Ciders range from dry and preservative-free to others that contain local fruits, hops, and even spicy peppers. With a consistently rotating tap selection, and more than 10 varieties available to go, no two visits are the same. So next time you're in Stowe, go visit the tasting room on Mountain Road.
Stowe Public House
Featuring Local, Regional and Highly Rated Beers. Shop from our selection of hundreds of great beers! Our expert staff can help you find your favorite beer or discover some new favorites. We also have a large selection of Vermont Hard Cider. Our wine selection consists of a large variety of Vermont Wines and other highly rated wines. Our selection of VT Cheeses and Gourmet Foods is not to be missed with free samples daily. Beer Accessories, Clothing, Books, Gadgets and more complete our store. Visit our Bar and enjoy a local beer, cider or wine. Outdoor seating available during the summer.
von Trapp Brewing
The Trapp family history coupled with Johannes von Trapp’s genuine appreciation for Austrian style-beer inspired the mission of Von Trapp Brewing: to create a traditional European lager – clean, light, crisp beer that boasts a robust flavor. The Von Trap Brewing Brewery currently produces several lagers brewed from the finest authentic Austrian ingredients and their own pure Vermont spring water sourced from their private spring located on the grounds of the Trapp Family Lodge.
Stowe Craft Bev Trail Self-Guided Tour
Yes, we have a tour! It's self-guided and full of outrageous fun and awesome freebies. The Stowe Craft Bev Trail Tour is your ticket to exclusive discounts at our local craft beverage producers! Here's how it works:
Where to start:
Stop by the Visitor’s Information Center at 51 Main Street in Stowe to pick up your very own Stowe Craft Bev Trail Tour Kit for only $10. Then, follow the trail to each brewery, winery, distillery, and cidery!
Book the Craft Bev Trail Package, and receive a FREE Craft Bev Trail Tour Kit for each 21+ adult in your party!
What you’ll get with your Tour Kit:
- Your Map & Tour Ticket – Bring it with you to each stop on the trail & get it stamped for your chance to earn extra prizes!
- Corkscrew – a chic little commemorative gift from us. Use it to open wine, beer, cider, spirits, soda.
- Sunglasses – a gift for your designated driver. Everyone needs a DD. And, every DD needs sunglasses. Obviously.
- Free Chocolate Voucher – FREE CHOCOLATE?!? Not just any chocolate. These are handmade-in-Stowe special chocolates and confections made by Laughing Moon Chocolates using local brews, wines, and spirits. Go get it. Now.
What to expect at each stop on the tour:
Bring your map for your exclusive #stowebevtrail special at each stop.
- Boyden Valley Winery – 50% off a wine tasting! Sample the many different delectable wines produced here and take your Boyden Valley Wine glass home with you (tastings cannot be shared among multiple people).
- Green Mountain Distillers – 50% off your spirits tasting!
- Idletyme Brewing Company – purchase an ITBCo draught and receive a free ITBCo Sampler Glass!
- Stowe Public House – 25% off the Food Menu at the Bar.
- Stowe Cider – 50% off your cider tasting!
- von Trapp Brewing – 10% off any items in the Von Trapp Brewing Bierhall Gift Shop with purchase of a beer tasting flight.
- Laughing Moon Chocolates – Free chocolate/confection! Bring your voucher. And, note that LMC has free chocolate dipping demonstrations every day at 2pm. Plan accordingly if you want to see how these are made.
Looking for guided brewery tours?
The Stowe Craft Bev Trail is a self-guided tour stopping at two Stowe area breweries, a winery, a cider house, two distilleries and a public house. If you're looking to focus more on breweries and would like a designated driver to show you the sights along the way, please consider the following options!